GIAC takes exam integrity very seriously, as evidenced by the GIAC candidate agreement, GIAC code of ethics, and other exam related policies. Each of those documents describes procedures used by GIAC to ensure exam integrity.
Candidates are expected to complete exams independently, based on information mastered through individual preparation. Answering a question correctly due to exposure to exam content is different than answering a question correctly due to mastery of the associated knowledge area. The former situation is a violation of GIAC program rules.
Candidates may not ever take any action(s) to provide assistance or receive assistance related to undermining the validity of specific content presented on any GIAC exam. You may not share or accept knowledge of test content, including questions or answers at any time or by any means. In fact, the reputation of GIAC credentials lies in the fact our exams accurately measure your mastery of specific content and thus, the value to you of a credential is significantly harmed if other candidates receive unfair assistance or cheat. There are many areas related to exam integrity you should consider before, during and after your exam administration. Below are some areas to focus on:
Maintaining the Confidentiality/Security of Exam Content
The following are examples of specific actions that are prohibited. This list is not all-inclusive.
- Using unauthorized material in preparing for and attempting to earn a GIAC certification.
- Any use of or reference to "exam dump" sites, which contain actual or possible GIAC questions and/or answers -the materials included in exam dump sites are illegally obtained, and accessing them violates US copyright law.
- Any copying, screen capturing, disclosing, sharing, publishing, selling, posting, distributing, or even talking about specific exam content before, during or after an exam because those actions compromise the integrity of the GIAC exams.
- Copying exam items while taking your exam, using any type of recording device, whether analog or digital - and regardless of what your intention is with respect to using the copied items.
- Talking or communicating with other test takers during the exam administration.
- Memorizing exam questions or other exam content.
- Altering or misrepresenting your exam score or any credentials you hold.
- Impersonating another individual or allowing another person to impersonate you at an exam, or in any way falsifying your identity or misrepresenting your or another's identity before, during or after a test or exam.
- Using any computer with preparation content or any device that is capable of accessing the Internet while taking a GIAC certification exam
- Colluding with test proctors, other candidates, or any third parties related to the development, maintenance, and/or use of the examination content, or to change any test score.
- Obtaining improper access to any exam content from any source, which gives you an unfair advantage over other candidates.
Consequences of Exam Integrity Abuses
If you are found to be in violation of any of the prohibited actions outlined above, you may be immediately dismissed from the exam site or disqualified from completing the examination and you will be reported to GIAC.
GIAC exam content is the sole property of GIAC and protected under US copyright law. Therefore, GIAC may pursue legal action against you (both civil and criminal) in all applicable cases.
GIAC consistently monitors for threats to exam integrity through various methods, including but not limited to forensic analysis of exam results. When it has been determined that a candidate or several candidates acting together have violated the integrity of an exam in any manner, as set forth above, there are a number of sanctions that GIAC can apply. GIAC reserves the right to invalidate any exam results that, for reasons of exam validity and integrity, we cannot verify and stand behind. If you are found to have abused any aspects of GIAC exam integrity, your previous GIAC certifications may be revoked and future bans to participate in the GIAC program may be implemented. For your rights in these situations, see the GIAC Appeals Policy.